This volume, occasioned by the centenary of the Fritz Haber
Institute, formerly the Institute for Physical Chemistry and
Electrochemistry, covers the Institute's scientific and
institutional history from its founding in 1911 as one the earliest
institutes of the Kaiser Wilhelm Society, through its renaming for
its founding director in 1952 and incorporation in the Max Planck
Society, until the present. The Institute's pace-setting research
in physical... more...